[WT-support] INSERT in RTTY mode

Patrick Egloff pegloff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:34:49 CET 2009

Hi Laurent and Werner,
Werner, i know the "normal" functions of the INSERT and + keys. (thanks God
after all these years)  hi hi hi
But in RTTY, INSERT has a different function !

Laurent,
Now everything is clear !
So i have to be VERY carefull when pressing INSERT with auto-highlight
function !

I candidly thought it would took the LAST highlighted call.. For ME it would
be the logical way to use it .... If i want to take another call in the
window, it's up to me to click on the right call.
99.99% of the time, you answer the last station that called you... For the
0.01 % left, i can manage it

Can this logic be modified or was it a often requested feature ?

About inserting my own call, i said that it did insert my own call with some
garbage... Now, when i remember right, it could have been a multiplier at
each time it did it !! For example it highlighted P4TK5EP and took it as an
Aruban call ....
So i don't think you have to dig into the code.. It worked how you wanted !

Everything is clear now. :-)

BTW, i didn't find the explanation of this function in the manual. Did i
miss something ?
I know, RTFM !!

73, Patrick

---------------------------------

Hi Patrick

Patrick Egloff a écrit :

>* During the last weekend RTTY WPX, when pushing the INSERT key i was *>* hoping to insert the last highlighted call in the callsign field, but *>* very often i had another one or my own callsign with some garbage...*>* *>* Is this a bug or a feature ?*>* What is the logic behind this Insert key ?*
Insert takes the last (auto-)highlighted callsign which is a multiplier,
and if there is no mult, it takes the last (auto-)highlighted needed
callsign (ie which is not a dupe). I'm a bit surprised it took your own
callsign, but it may be a bug - We'll check...

73

Laurent

--
Patrick Egloff - TK5EP