[WT-support] dual programs at same time

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Wed Feb 11 20:37:44 CET 2009

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY wrote:
> Hi Rick
>
> Rick Dougherty NQ4I a écrit :
>
>> Hi all...anyone know if it is possible to have 2 different versions ie
>> one version for 20m single band with 2 computers networked, and a third
>> computer using Win-Test as 80m single band Assisted??? It means that all
>> computers need to be networked but I would like the 20m log separate
>> from the 80m log...
>
> Interesting...
>
> Try to restrict the network protocols to "Packet Sharing Only" profile
> for the 80m assisted station. This setting must be set in the Options /
> Configure Interfaces... / Network Protocol / Advanced Settings...
>
> The packet stream will be shared among all three computers, but not the
> logs. You also will be able to "chat" with the gab wnd.
>
> And don't forget to restore the default settings for the next contest !

Yeah, that should work in this case, but if the 80m operation was to
involve two computers, things could get more interesting!

I wonder if there's an application for multicast here ... could be neat
to be able to set up multiple multicast groups on the same LAN.

Just thinking out loud...

     ~Iain / N6ML