[WT-support] erratic CW sending with internet

Milan Pelech ok1vwk at seznam.cz
Tue Dec 15 17:08:17 CET 2009

Bob,

I am sure Jorge means 256 MB RAM, not kB. It would be little memory for MS-DOS also. But doesnt matter, because both values in kB or MB are too low for serious operation WinXP :-)

My Dell Latitude D600 with 768MB RAM and XP Pro+SP3 with no problem during CQWWCW this year. Used LPT keying ofcourse, and last WT 3.27.1. No time for Microham setup and cabling. But only single op activity. No WT network used.

In the past LPT keying troubles were registered only in large WT networks like IARU HF headquarter operation. I think it depends mainly on CPU load in compilance with network log sync traffic, system access method to LPT port (different in W98 and NT systems like W2k,WinXP), LPT BIOS settings (alowed DMA or strict IRQ) etc.

GL de Milan, OK1VWK/OL3R