[WT-support] WINTEST CRASHES

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Dec 14 20:23:23 CET 2009

Exactly which version of Win-Test are you running on each machine?

What exactly is the "crash" that you see? Please try *Start | Run |
eventvwr.msc* and look in the Application logs.

Did you accidentally copy wt.ini from one machine to the other (you should
not copy this file as it forces re-registration)?

In your wt.ini file on the "crashing" machine, do you see an entry like
this:

[Position]
Map=0001 0624 0189 0954 4

?

Look also in wt.ini on the non-crashing machine.

Are you using "Floating" Win-Test windows (Options | Windows | Floating)?

Is the map "off screen" on the other PC due to different screen resolutions?

If you open the map window on the crashing machine, does the problem go
away?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the missing map.dta file, described
here (version 4.3 omits this file in error it seems):

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2009-November/078894.html