[WT-support] erratic CW sending with internet

pa2a at xs4all.nl pa2a at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 13 18:36:25 CET 2009

Jorge,

256 MB is marginal if XP is installed. You should turn off automatic
updates of Windows and all other software like Office, Macromedia Flash
and Adobe PDF reader.

You can also use a large hosts file that prevents the internet browser
from connecting to all kinds of page counters and advertisement sites. It
can be downloaded from http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm. Don 't
forget to turn off the DNS client as described on this site.

Modern virus scanners also use a large amount of CPU time and memory like
Spybot Search & Destroy

73 's Steef PA2A