[WT-support] cty files for ARRL10

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 12 01:16:24 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM <
cx6vm.jorge at adinet.com.uy> wrote:

>  I enter a USA or VE callsign and nothing appears in RCVD, that´s is OK?

Yes, the CTY file only has zone and country info, not states.  You have to
copy the state to complete a valid QSO.

To see the multiplier abbreviation list, press Alt-Z.  Then on the
multiplier window, Right Click | Display Options | Marks will make it a
little easier to use by displaying all the call districts.

Of course many callsigns have now moved and are no longer in the traditional
call district.  E.g., N2IC is in New Mexico (NM), not NY or NJ.