[WT-support] SCP file installation in WT 4

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 5 03:03:00 CET 2009

The Wiki Page <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files>regarding
check partial files like MASTER.SCP has been updated.  I hope this
clarify things about where the files are located, and the naming convention
and search order.  Due to history, the naming rules and search order for
check partial files are quite complicated; I hope I got it right.

Does anyone use the "different check partial file for on each contest, band
and mode" feature?  I never understood why there would be a need for that
function, except maybe on 160m or VHF.

I noticed a strange quirk; if you have a file named CQWW_160.DTB, it could
be used on 160m in the CQ WW contest, *or* in the CQWW 160m contest.  The
intended usage is ambiguous if there is a conflict between a contest name
(CQWW_160) and contest name / band (CQWW_160).

It also seems the "Used Files List" window doesn't actually list
*every*file being used for database lookup, just the default one.

Maybe all of this will be simplified some day soon.