[WT-support] recording messing up cw sending

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Dec 3 20:48:11 CET 2009

It takes quite a bit of CPU power and file I/O to create an MP3 file in real
time, so fast computers may be required if you want to do parallel port CW
and MP3 recording at the same time.

With a 3rd party program like Virtual Audio Cable you can play back a QSO
with Win-Test and route the audio output to another 3rd party program called
Audacity, then save the excerpt as an MP3 file.

Or, the new wtQsoPlayer application may also be capable of splitting a huge
Win-Test MP3 recording into reasonably sized .mp3 files that you can can
further trim with Audacity.

See http://download.win-test.com/utils .