[WT-support] Revisiting the Yaesu FT-990

Robert Pack nx5m at txcyber.com
Wed Dec 2 17:03:39 CET 2009

What I have discovered is this:
For some odd reason, last night it started working after I played around
with bandmap properties and the bandplan.  But this morning it was back to
the same old thing......clicking on a spot sent the radio to LSB.  In the
bandplan it is set to only 160 CW 1800.0-1999.9.
What I have found to be working correctly this morning is selecting FT1000.
This works but the vfo's are not being read so there is no tracking in the
bandmap.  I had to change one setting on the FT1000 default.  RTS Pin 7 set
to "always on" brought things to life.  I seem to be able to click on
bandmap data and the radio does exactly what it is supposed to do....stay on
CW and go to the spot frequency.

Bob NX5M