[WT-support] country files / reload log

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Dec 1 22:09:16 CET 2009

No, Win-Test doesn't work like that.  It doesn't change zones you have
entered by hand or selected by default, just because you choose a different
country file.  The calculated score may change if Win-Test thinks a QSO is
in a different country than when you logged the QSO, but the exchange data
(zone) will NOT be affected by updating your Country File.

I entered UA0XXX and WT "guessed" that the zone was 18, so I changed it to
19 and pressed Enter.

When I reloaded the log, with a different country file, the zone data for
that QSO still says 19.

If I try to enter a NEW QSO with a DIFFERENT callsign (e.g. UA0XYZ), WT will
guess at whatever zone is in the currently selected country file.  It's not
smart enough to figure out that UA0XXX and UA0XXY are in the same zone
(which is OK with me).

After selecting CTY_WT_MOD.DAT and reloading the log, select *Tools | Check
Log | Search for possible pad exchanges* to find all the zone data you
logged that disagree with the current country file guess.