[WT-support] SO2R - Secondary window

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Wed Aug 26 19:37:45 CEST 2009

I have started to play with SO2R configuration trying to
use a minimal set-up of hardware. I am using the possibility
to have RTS and DTR int the COM-port doing various things
(see Options Configure Interfaces...) If configured correctly
and using scenarios one could do pretty much of the tricks
you can do with Ezmaster and MK2R+ .

ALT-T
I have noticed that the ALT-T (listen to secondary radio)
toggles the Audio 'Radio' button in the Secondary Window
but the HW-signal (RTS or DTR) doesn't toggle. Is this a
Bug?

SUGGESTIONS ON SECONDARY WINDOW
I feel that the secondary window upper parts try to
show the status of your current SO2R-situation. My
suggestion is to be able to set different colors on
TX-LED and RX-LED, for instance RED for TX and GREEN
for RX. This will make the display much more intuitive.

I also suggest to change the Headphone Status part of
the upper part to LED:s instead of 'Radio buttons and
maybe skip the ability to push the buttons since its
easier to use ALT-A (primary) ALT-T (secondary) ALT-S
(Both/Stereo).

PTT-signal
How is the PTT-signal supposed to work when you have
interfaced a WinKeyer as keying device? I couldn't see
any ON/OFF-changes on the RTS/DTR-pins.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E