[WT-support] Esm.wts logic

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 24 19:05:32 CEST 2009

I am not a programmer ( just an appliance operator  ;-)   ) and so I'm
in a little trouble modifying my own esm.wts file and could use a little
help with the logic.

I thought that

(not wtQso:IsCallsignEmpty()  and wtQso:IsCurrentFieldExchange() and
wtQso:IsExchangeEmpty())

would return TRUE if a callsign were entered, the cursor was in either
of the exchange fields ( say of a  contest with more than one exchange
such as Eu sprint) and either of the exchange fields were empty. However
that only seems to be the case if the first exchange filed is empty but
not when e.g.the second exchange field is empty.

So I then thought that the modified expression

 (not wtQso:IsCallsignEmpty()  and wtQso:IsCurrentFieldExchange() and
not wtQso:IsQsoApproved())

would do so ( i.e. return TRUE) but it doesn't seem to do so either.

What have I got wrong?

73

Clive
GW3NJW