[WT-support] put to discussion: handling of incoming QTC traffic with wintest.

Schubert, Thomas Thomas.Schubert at andrew.com
Thu Aug 20 15:45:19 CEST 2009

Hello alltogether,

congrats for this superb logging sw.

However I would point out some points that I miss (or on my point of
view may be improved) in handling QTCs.

During the contest, it is necessary to enter all the QTC completely,
otherwise there is no indication that from the specific DX call some QTC
have been received. This method is not very comfortabel during the
contest, as normally the QTC are recorded on tape and entered after the
contest.

My idea would be to enable wintest to handle incomming QTC as in the
older DOS programm QW. Here it is sufficient only to enter the header
(p. example 4/8) to a specific call. All the QTC data are entered after
the contest.

Of course it is possible to enter and correct QTC in wintest after the
contest, but as long as the data is not entered there is absolutly no
indication if I have received already QTC (and the number of them) from
that specific call.

So, there should be also indication in the log, visible on the screen,
about the number of received QTC from a specific station (independent of
band...)

Well, long text, but I wonder about your comments on this.

73
Tom.
DK1GO

this email is prohibited.