[WT-support] WinKey

Eugene Kuznetsov mail at astrojohn.ru
Wed Aug 19 19:48:13 CEST 2009

Bob, N6TV:

> From the WinKey manual, it sounds like your keyer has somehow been
> set up to use "Farnsworth Mode" at 30 wpm or less:

> Set Farns WPM <0D><nn> nn is in the range of 10-99

> Example: <0D><12> for Farnsworth=18 WPM

Thanks for an explanation! WinKey has too many features, it's really
difficult to know and understand all of them.

> Somehow you need to reset your WinKey and the problem should go
> away.  Note that in ASCII <0D> is the carriage return character (CR)
> and <20> is the ASCII blank (32 decimal), so maybe in Win-Test
> keyboard mode (Alt-K), if you type [Enter] or [Ctrl-Enter] and a
> blank, it sets the WinKey to Farnsworth mode at 32 WPM or less?

Reset doesn't help.
There is no possibility to send CR to Winkey from Win-Test.
I think it occurs during WinKey initialization from Win-Test.

I checked WinKey with N1MM and found that it has worked without
Farnsworth feature.

So, developers, please help!:)

73! Eugene RK1AA