[WT-support] default.dta file

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 18 20:11:12 CEST 2009

Thanks Bob

I can see what you are saying, but without prolonging the agony, somehow
N1MM gets around the problem, and the same file works OK in N+1 there,
that's why I was thrown at first. Horses for courses of course.

In WT xdt is obviously the way to go, and fortunately somebody else has
already typed out the 500 odd calls/names I need ;-)

The only downside is that the window is a tad slow to pop up whether
there is just one or 500 calls in the file, so clearly it's an overhead.
That would preclude executing a paddle greeting at the front end, but I
often can't react quickly enough from the .dta file in the partial
window anyway, so I just fake it by using the name at the end of the
exchange!

So all's well that ends well. I just wish it were practical to print out
the manual so I could read it "off-line" and find out about all these
useful features. Sadly that's not the case now I'm no longer at the salt
mine, but hey I'll live with that ;-)

73

Clive
GW3NJW