[WT-support] default.dta file

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 18 13:49:43 CEST 2009

Larry

Let me try to save you some work. I think I know what is happening,
although because I am not a programmer I don't really understand why.

In the example I gave about my own callsign, GW3KJW is in the
default.dta but I don't think it's in any other current dta files. That
indicates that the N+1 window IS using the default.dat file, but for
some reason doesn't recognise any callsign with / <name> which it
therefore doesn't display. I assumed that it would do so, because when I
used exactly the same file in N1MM logger with its own N+1 logic, then
these entries with /<name> were displayed. I suspect that might also
have been so in Writelog, but my usage of that prog. is a few years old,
so I cannot be sure.

I'm guessing therefore that the difference is in the parsing of the
files in WT which ignores the /<callsign>, but no doubt you will know
definitively. The bottom line is that  it doesn't really matter since as
long as I can get the necessary info. by opening the partial window that
will be OK. Some people complain because the roses have thorns, but
others rejoice that the thorns have roses. All loggers have some thorns
but all are beautiful in their own way ;-)

That's getting too much like Eric Cantona, so I'll QRT now!

73

Clive
GW3NJW