[WT-support] Band map and silent entry

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 15 01:25:33 CEST 2009

Yes there is a connection!

I'm puzzled as to why it is necessary to explicitly enter a "logged
callsign" into the band map with Ctrl-Enter. All the other loggers I've
used have done this automatically without operator intervention, and I
think it is the QSY operation that technically makes this possible. OK,
sure you get a few bum spots in there when you mis-enter a call and
forget to correct it, but w.t.h. they are easily deleted if they annoy.

So to silent entry. This is a most important feature for those of us who
habitually use the paddle for fills and the like. WT  uses the Ctrl +
combo ( I think) for this which works, but in the heat of battle is not
that easy to key accurately. Anyway logically it ought to be a variant
of the Enter key, and elsewhere  Ctrl-Enter and Alt-Enter  are both
used.  So there's the  " lousy link" , and my suggestion would be to
make entry into the bandmap automatic and use the Ctrl-Enter combo thus
released  for the crucial silent entry function. Seems to be a win-win
situation, well except for the programmers!

73

Clive
GW3NJW