[WT-support] Redefining the * key

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 10 23:10:50 CEST 2009

Hi Clive

Clive Whelan a écrit :

> 1. Does anyone know the correct sequence for the ( stand-alone ) Pause key
>
> and/or
>
> 2. Perhaps someone else's keyboard will accept the Pause character in
> Tools| Redefine keyboard..., and could let me know the sequence produced
> in wt.ini?

Strangely enough, I was working on this key (among others, and for a
different use) while you posted this email ;-)

1/ The Pause key (stand-alone) - also named Break key - is not managed
in the current version 4.1.0. It can't work, even if you hack the ini file.

2/ You must be warned that Ctrl-Pause (which is the same as
Ctrl-Scroll-Lock) can be intercepted by Windows to cancel any modal
dialog. I guess you didn't know that, did you ? ;-)

3/ Keep an eye on the coming nightly builds. I'll try to add the Pause
key. But I'm not sure every combination (Shift, Alt, Ctrl, AltGr etc.)
can be managed, and may be system-dependent. YMMV.