[WT-support] Win Rotators not working with Rotor-EZ

Franco IZ4MJP franco at iz4mjp.com
Sat Aug 8 09:47:03 CEST 2009

Thank you Bob for the support.

> COM10 To G-800 SDX failed to open. Com Port Already in use?
>
> Obviously this port is not in use as all the softwares are not
> running and no one "ping" this port.
>
> I've tried some other setups in WT Rotor but the problem persist.
>

> Is Win-Test running when you get this message?  Try running only
> wtRotators.

I've tried first with WT opened and after rebooting the PC, only wint
WT Rotator.
Nothing change.

> If you exit Win-Test, and start *only* wtRotators, and the problem
> disappears, then chances are COM10 is being used by Win-Test itself
> instead
> of by wtRotators only.  Type SETUP [Enter] to go to the Configure
> Interfaces
> dialog, then look for COM10 and make sure it is set to "None".  Do
> *not* use
> "Other Interface" for the rotator port.

In WT 4.1 Dev port 10 has never been used in my setup.

> If you exit Win-Test and wtRotators still can't open COM10, chances
> are the
> USB to Serial device driver is not configured properly.  In Windows
> Start |
> Run | DevMgmt.msc and look under "Ports" to see the list of virtual
> and real
> COM ports that are known to Windows.

I've checked the COM10 Setup several times. The device in running
correctly, the setup is OK, non problem found.
I've used the USB->RS232 adapter with a couple of other device (CAT
Interface and PowerMAster SWR Wattmeter) and all works fine.

A confirmation of this, HRD and my Log use the automatic rotator
control without problems.

73,
Franco IZ4MJP