[WT-support] Win Rotators not working with Rotor-EZ

Franco IZ4MJP franco at iz4mjp.com
Sat Aug 8 07:53:25 CEST 2009

Tnx Olivier for the prompt answer.

> I own a Yaesu G-800 SDX Rotator equipped with a Rotator-EZ
> controller by Idiom Press.
>
> The controller is active on COM 10 (4.800/8/1/N).
>

> Is this an USB controller which emulates a COM port?

No, the Controller has a native RS-232 port. I used a USB -> RS232
adapter to connect it to my Acer PC
With other SW all works fine so i think is not a problem of the USB
converter.

> May I download the software and use it without the hardware?
The Rotator EZ doesn't require any special driver or software to work.
It is fully compliant with "Hy Gain DCU-1" protocol.
Only the speed (i think) is different from the Hy Gain Controller
(9600 vs 4800).

> I've point out on the COM port configuration (WT Rotator doesn't
> allow me to change RS-232 parameters as speed, Stop Bits ecc) that i
> believe are automatically selected by the software.

73, Franco