[WT-support] QSO numbers

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest07 at dl6rai.muc.de
Wed Aug 5 23:11:17 CEST 2009

> If space bar could be implemented in the software for serial number lock,
> for the run & Mult stations ,this would be great for IOTA, think of the
> problems it would solve and I guess WT would be popular for contest such  as
> this, and other contesters would soon migrate to WT also.

We used WT in the IOTA running M/S with over 2000 QSOs and had
absolutely no problem. Yes, you have to be careful and yes it would
be easier if we could have serial numbers per band. But we haven't
so we got to work our way around it. One practical way was suggested
and it worked well for us.

Next, Larry, F6FVY, explained very thoroughly that a number reserve
feature does not really solve this problem but produces other,
new problems.

So please let's move on to real problems and not keep banging
the same old drum. There is no question that WT is very popular
these days, even for contesters doing IOTA.

73 Ben, DL6RAI