[WT-support] QSO numbers again

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Tue Aug 4 20:51:45 CEST 2009

However, if space reserved the number, all those issues would be
solved.  No lockouts, no separate numbering etc.  Nice and easy.  I
really do not see a problem.  However, I am not trying to create any
difficulties here, it is simply my view.  I put to you that one of the
reasons the IOTA contest allows for a second series of serials is to
overcome the issues with software.  If it cannot be done then fine but
IMHO it would solve a lot of problems, at least for me :)

73 Ian

On 4 Aug 2009, at 4August19:43, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

> Ian,
>
> What I am saying is that the rules are so vague that they may
> encourage the octopus (using a multi-multi station with lots of
> fancy lockouts to compete as a multi-single).  They probably don't
> understand the implications of that.  They need to make it clear in
> their rules.
>
> And if two stations are allowed on phone and CW at the same time,
> with one working only multipliers, it is quite impractical to try to
> use sequential serial numbers, whether logging on paper or in
> typical software.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net>
> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Ian Maude <ian at gb7mbc.net> wrote:
> So what you are saying Bob is that I should approach the contest
> organisers and tell them that they should change their rules to
> accommodate the software? ;)
>
> No, say to the contest sponsors that they have to change their rules
> to accommodate paper logging.
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV

Ian J Maude, G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC & HB9DRV-9 DX Clusters
Member RSGB, GQRP 9838, FISTS 14077 | K3 #455
http://www.amateurradiotraining.org