[WT-support] Problems with running on K3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Apr 24 10:34:46 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:26 AM, <Cqtestk4xs at aol.com> wrote:

> However, I can not the packet cluster spots from the telnet to come up on
> the WinTest screen.  The spots come up fine on the wtdxtlenet, but don't
> transfer to the screen for wintest

See this section<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:DX_Cluster_and_wtDxTelnet>of
the Win-Test FAQ.  In sum, set both Win-Test and wtDxTelnet to use the
broadcast address 127.255.255.255 (the "loopback" address) port 9871, and
the spots should come through fine (assuming both programs are running on
one computer).  Be sure to press [Alt-O] to monitor all reflector traffic.

> I'm still poking around in the program.  It does look interesting and I
> might consider switching from the reliable and crusty CT.  CT has been rock
> solid over the years, and it will take a very good program to switch me
> after 20 years of using it.

Win-Test is just that program.  It does almost everything that CT does, only
better.  And it also does a lot more.

(Please note, replies to this list go to the entire reflector by default,
not the originator).