[WT-support] WPX S/N bug

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Fri Apr 17 19:08:37 CEST 2009

Here is what the official WPX FAQ says at
http://www.cqwpx.com/rules_faq.htm:

Our logging software caused us to give out duplicate serial
numbers or to give numbers out of sequence. Is this a
problem?

  No, but only if your log shows the exchange that you
actually sent. Each QSO line of the Cabrillo log contains
the sent and received information for that QSO.  As long as
that line shows what you actually sent to the other station,
the log checking software will score it correctly.-

It seems to me the serial could be reserved once the entry
field moves from callsign over to some received line. The
idea of the logging software is to make things faster and
satisy rules without busting contacts..... not to slow
things down, bust constacts, or make more work.