[WT-support] R: Windows Dx-Cluster-Monitor and DX-Spots

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 22 20:54:01 CEST 2008

Lacy,

By "security software" I mean a Firewall program like ZoneAlarm or Symantec
Client Firewall.

But first, try *uninstalling* the Huawei HSDPA modem driver using Start ->
Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs or whatever method you can find.
Select "Mobile Connect" or similar, and remove it.  Then reboot.  Then try
Win-Test and wtDxTelnet.

What are you using for broadcast address?  Try 127.255.255.255 in both
Win-Test and wtDxTelnet, as shown here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/DX_Cluster/Telnet#Configuring_wtDxTelnet_.28single-op_environment.29

Also, it seems HA1AG has a cure for this problem?  See

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2008-July/075964.html

If you fix it, please let us know exactly how you did it so we can publish
it.  Many people seem to have problems with Win-Test caused by a faulty
Huawei USB modem device driver.