[WT-support] Disable log synchronization on network

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 29 22:19:33 CET 2008

2008/10/29 Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge at adinet.com.uy>

>  I am reading the manual for Multi Single setup.
>
> I think will be good to have a syncronize log, but I am missink somethink,
> this option is there for some reason I can figure out.
>
> What do you recomend to do?
>
> Disable log synchronization on network
>
> Options | Disable log synchronization on network*
> *If checked, automatic log synchronization over the network (in multi/op
> environments) is disabled. May be useful under certain circumstances

Normally you type SYNC [Enter] to enable log synchronization, and you leave
it that way for the entire contest.  It is OK if a computer on the network
is rebooted or temporarily disconnected.  When it is reconnected, Win-Test
will automatically resynchronize all the log data in the background.  This
works very well.

The only time you really need NOSYNC is when removing all "practice" QSOs
from all network computers before the contest starts.

See
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Multi-op/Clearing_all_logs_before_the_start