[WT-support] Spotting with Filter - Enhancement Suggestion

Simon Pearson simon at attenuate.org
Tue Oct 28 10:33:39 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:04 +0100, usarobert at web.de wrote:
> So it would be great if it would be possible to filter the DX-Spots
> also by their source. So if I (from Zone 14) could restrict the Spots
> to Zone 14 and 15 (maybe additionally 16 and 20), but the rest would
> be blinded out.

IMO, this is best done on the cluster node itself, rather than in
Win-Test. DX Spider, for example, has pretty extensive user filtering
capabilities.

Take a look at the user and filter manual on the DXSpider website at
http://www.dxcluster.org/ and also the Filter Primer by FRC at
http://www.gofrc.org/pdf/Filter%20Primer.pdf which has some examples
etc.

Something like:
reject/spot 1 not by_zone 14,15,16,20
...should do the job and will not show spots unless the spotter is in
CQ zones 14, 15, 16 or 20.

73,
Simon M0CLW