[WT-support] SPLIT Problems with Win-Test and Elecraft K3

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 01:01:03 CET 2008

I operated mostly Single-Band 40M over in the CQ WW Phone with my Elecraft
K3.  I experienced problems with Win-Test picking up the QSX Frequency when
sending Split Spots.

1)       When the Callsign has been entered into the Callsign Field - BUT
NOT into the Log with a <CR>, pressing ALT-F3 results in the following with
a Split Frequency Spot:

DX G2ABC 7082.7 QSX 7082.7

 Win-Test did not pick up the Frequency of the Transmit VFO

2)       If the Callsign is entered into the Log, and the cursor is now in
the next blank line of the log, pressing ALT-F3 results in the following
with a Split Frequency Spot:

DX G2ABC 7082.7

Win-Test did not generated the text string "QSX" or pick up the Frequency of
the Transmit FVO

3)       If the Callsign is entered into the Log, and the cursor is
REPOSITIONED to the beginning of the Callsign Field in the line just logged,
pressing ALT-F3 results in the following with a Split Frequency Spot::

DX G2ABC 7082.7

Win-Test did not generated the text string "QSX" or pick up the Frequency of
the Transmit FVO

It made no difference whether the Split Frequency configuration was achieved
by double-clicking on a Split-Frequency Spot, entering via the "-" Key, or
manually setting the VFO's and pressing the SPLIT Button.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX