[WT-support] Single-band entries with other-band QSOs

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 27 21:02:29 CET 2008

This would be right if Win-Test was generating a Cabrillo 2.0 header, but it
is generating Cabrillo 3.0.  So you need to edit the Cabrillo file to change
the line that says:

CATEGORY-BAND: ALL

CATEGORY-BAND: 40M

or similar, and leave the other lines alone.

I do think the Cabrillo options page in Win-Test needs an update.  Instead
of "excluding" bands from the Cabrillo file, there should be a way of saying
"Mark this log single-band 40m, but include all QSOs."  Now we know both CQ
WW and CQ WPX want it this way.  See http://www.cqwpx.com/blog/ point 4.

Today, the exclude feature doesn't even work as expected if you exclude all
but one band.  It still still marks the log "ALL" band.  I also tried
importing a Cabrillo file that was 40m only, then re-exported it, but then
it marked the log single-band 15?  There are very strange bugs in this area
of the code.