[WT-support] Splits on 40

Robert Pack, NX5M nx5m at txcyber.com
Mon Oct 27 03:34:28 CET 2008

3.22
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Wilson, N6TV
  To: support at win-test.com
  Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [WT-support] Splits on 40

  OK good, you told us everything we need to know for a bug report, except the version of Win-Test that you are using.

  2008/10/26 Robert Pack, NX5M <nx5m at txcyber.com>

    Let me rephrase this.  Bear with me....I am a little tired eventhough this weekends CQWW effort was not a serious one.

    If the 1000D is not set to split, click on the first spot (*DR1A for example) all is well.  Main VFO goes to his transmit frequency and sub VFO goes to his listening frequency and split is all set up and ready to go.

    If the 1000D is still set up on split after clicking *DR1A, and I click on another *type spot like *CT9P, the radio remains on the frequency that DR1A was transmitting on while the sub VFO moves to the correct listening frequency for CT9P.  It does not change and stay on the transmit frequency of CT9P.

    If, in between the above two examples, I were to turn the split off on the 1000D manually after clicking the DR1A spot, when I click on the CT9P spot it works as it should.  And if I were to click on a spot that does not have a split after clicking on DR1A, the radio exits split and works normally.  If after that I click on the CT9P spot, all works as it should.

    I just cannot go from one split frequency spot to another split frequency spot....the radio does not go to the next split frequency set.
    Let me just say that:
    DR1A tx on 7077 and rx on 7222,  radio goes to 7077 on main for MY RX and 7222 on sub for MY TX.
    Then I click on the CT9P spot.
    CT9P tx on 7055 and rx on 7200, radio stays on 7077 on main for MY RX and 7200 for MY TX.
    If you keep clicking on the CT9P spot, you can see 7055 pop up between the clicks for a split second but will always default back to 7077....so it appears to me that everything wants to default to the previous main vfo frequency.

    It just seems as if the main vfo will not move and stay on the second spot frequency in these situations.