[WT-support] FT1000D working

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 7 04:28:08 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Robert Pack, NX5M <nx5m at txcyber.com> wrote:

>  I am not sure if they are connected or not in all honesty Bob.  The board
> that has the transistors and resistors right behind the DB9 connector is
> quite small and hard to trace and since this is working now I am not even
> going to bother to try to figure it out.

Bob,

What board?  Inside your PC?  What transistors and resistors?  Are you using
some type of level converter?  Isn't it possible to go straight from the
RS-232 connector on your PC to the CAT connector of your FT-1000D, or are
you using some type of "converter box" in between?

What kind of cable are you using to connect your PC to your FT-1000D?   Is
there any continuity between pins 4 or 7 on the DB9 connector and *any *PIN
on the CAT connector, or the shell?  There should be no connection.  Pins 4
and 7 should not be grounded, and they should not be shorted to each other
either.