[WT-support] DXpedition mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 1 10:23:13 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:48 AM, Ian Maude <ian at gb7mbc.net> wrote:

> For all stations I selected dxpedition multi-multi and 'all
> modes'.  I could happily put the rtty station on the Win-Test network
> (unlike the 2m station) and run it up with MMTTY but I could *not* edit
> the macros as the RTTY menu entry was greyed out.  As I say, it could be
> my fault but it worked ok in single mode off the Win-Test network.

So when connected to a network, try the following:

   1. Create a new log:
      - Contest: "DX expedition (HF+50 MHz)"
      - Category:  "Multioperator, multi-transmitter"
      - Mode:  "All Modes"
      - Press [OK]
   2. Type "SSB" in the callsign field and press [Enter]
   3. Click "Options".  Note that  both the "CW" and "RTTY" options are
   grayed out.
   4. Now type "CW" [Enter] in the callsign field to switch Win-Test to CW
   mode.
   5. Click "Options".  Note that now CW is now available, but "RTTY" is
   still grayed out.
   6. Type "RTTY" [Enter] in the callsign field to switch Win-Test to RTTY
   mode.
   7. Now "Options | RTTY" is available, but CW is grayed out.  Or are you
   saying RTTY was still grayed out?

Were you trying to edit RTTY messages while Win-Test was in CW or SSB mode?

Apparently Win-Test only lets you change RTTY messages while in RTTY mode.
 Furthermore, changing RTTY messages appears to change CW messages as well,
so it seems you can't have one set of messages for CW and a separate set of
messages for RTTY.  Maybe that's a bug, but it doesn't sound like what you
were seeing.

If I have misunderstood what you are saying, please provide step-by-step
instructions that demonstrate the problem.