[WT-support] SO2R and LPT - next attempt

Franta Bendl dj0zy at i--i.de
Wed Nov 26 13:11:16 CET 2008

yes, "plain despair", tnx Steffan

> OK, now going Off List (I hope).
> If you press [*], pin 14, switches the transmitter immediately
[*] is exactly what I'm looking for from hardware site, unfortunately
not usable because any call typed in for R2 interrupts CQ on R1

> If you press [CapsLock], pin 14 doesn't switch until you press a
> function key or [Alt-K].  The paddle output, and the repeating CQ, if
> any, remain on Radio 1.

[CapsLock] is not usable because the pin 14 doesn't quite follow the
focus

> If [CapsLock] were changed so that it activated pin 14 immediately,
> the repeating CQ would end up transmitting on Radio 2.  You don't
> want that to happen, right?
right

> So how do you propose to fix it?  Perhaps Win-Test could detect a
> paddle interrupt from the WinKey, and treat it like a function key.
> Is that what you want?  But it sounds like you are not using a
> WinKey.  So how is Win-Test supposed to know when you press the
> paddles during a repeating CQ? I guess that is what you mean by
> another pin input.
yes, I don't use WinKey. It is also not necessary that Win-Test knows
when I press the paddle - all possible collisions are handled by my
controller. What I need is the true information (as hardware signal on
LPT) from WT which radio has the focus.
As I mentioned already I see at the moment only this solutions:
1. Changing the behaviour of pin 14 in context of [CapsLock] - not
realistic as you already explained
2. additional pin on LPT with the focus info
3. webcam, hi

> Maybe you should have two paddles and two manual keyers (or use
> radio's internal keyer), so you can send with the paddles on any
> radio at any time. But then you need to work with the "TX INHIBIT"
> pin on the radio to prevent transmitting on two radios at once.

Two paddles are the same problem like manual switch - after couple of
hours of the contest you are not sure if the switch should be actuated
or not when you want send just only "tu". Therefore I am looking for
automatic solution.