[WT-support] FT857D + NAVIGATOR INTERFACE + WT

Eugene Kuznetsov mail at astrojohn.ru
Fri Nov 21 09:59:01 CET 2008

> Gentlemen,
> I am a new user.
> I have the above equipment and software.
>
> Radio control ok
> DX cluster ok
> COM 5 - Radio 1 - 4800-N-2
> COM6 - Other interface - 9600-8-N1-CW PTT
> PRINTER PORTS LPT ticked
> SOUND CARD: USB AUDIO CODEC (inside navigator)
> Radio: FT857
>
> Cw through the paddle ok
> F1, F2...messages when pressed activate PTT with a carrier. I cannot do any CW

This feature belongs to FT-897 and FT-857 tranceivers, not Win-Test.
In CW mode (and only in CW mode!) PTT pin in DATA jack works as KEY pin.
So you can use paddle for automatic keying, plugged to KEY jack,
 and straight CW from your Win-Test, plugged to PTT pin in DATA jack.

In this case PTT feature can be used only in MIC jack, or you can use VOX.

Hope this helps.

73! Eugene UA1ACC.