[WT-support] Lost contest file

K5RC tom at k5rc.cc
Mon Nov 17 20:36:29 CET 2008

I just purchased an Asus eee notebook computer. It is about half the size of
a typical laptop, maybe even smaller. It comes with Windows XP. We used it
mobile for CQP with WT and it worked flawlessly controlling the FT847 and
sending CW. We created 13 separate logs for each county we drove through in
California. If you need a new XP machine, you can use it with an external
monitor, mouse and keyboard. It does not have a hard drive or CD so you have
to load everything from the internet or network, but there is also nothing
mechanical to fail. I am also using it for work and can get it and my LCD
projector in a standard briefcase. For ham radio, it is a great buy and it
is very reasonably priced.

Tom Taormina, K5RC
Virginia City NV