[WT-support] 10m Contest and Bandmap

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 15 06:56:36 CET 2008

I was confused too, as I was able to replicate the problem using WT 3.23.
I finally realized that all of the cluster spots being displayed by SH/DX 28
were over 60 minutes old, so they were all too "stale" to show up in the
Radio 1 band map, or the Announce window.

So it looks like you'll have to wait for some real 10m spots to show up.

The spot lifetime (timeout) can only be changed in the Band Map Properties
dialog <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Band_Map_properties>. 60
minutes is the maximum.  If the spots still don't show up, check the
Bandplan settings using the [Setup] button at the bottom.

I tried a test, self spotting myself on 10m to see what would happen.  Much
to my surprise, Win-Test displayed a pop-up window that said "Self spotting
is strongly discouraged by the contest sponsors!"  Then when I pressed [OK],
Win-Test exited completely!  Apparently Win-Test drops the guillotine for
such crimes.

Somewhat shaken, I restarted the program, spotted NX5M on 10m manually, and
the spot showed up OK in the Announce Window, so try SH/DX now if you're
awake, and you should see it OK.

But don't ever try to self spot with Win-Test! :-)