[WT-support] Parallel-Port question WT & TS 850

Winfried Kriegl DK9IP dk9ip at dk9ip.de
Mon Nov 10 13:40:59 CET 2008

Hi,

if there is no R at the optocoupler input you could try to use an optocoupler with higher
Current Transfer Ratio (CTR) and transfer gain like the 6N138 Darlington optocoupler. Or
do without the optocoupler and use only a (Darlington) Transistor. I have never had a
problem with the TS-850 using a simple transistor circuit (R 500-1000 Ohms at the Base).

73 Win DK9IP