[WT-support] Parallel-Port question WT & TS 850

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Nov 10 02:00:21 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Lorenz Grassl <lenz at lenz-grassl.de> wrote:

> - with the VOX-switch set to "manual" WT keys the PTT (ON AIR is lit)
> but no HF is transmitted. The display still shows "S" instead of "PWR"
> while I can hear the sidetone from the TS850.

I don't understand -- the CW sidetone indicates Win-test starts immediately,
but zero power output?  It is as if PTT is not pressed?  Does your LCU-KEY
(?) use Pin 16 and ground for PTT to the radio?

- with the VOX-switch set to "VOX" PTT is keyed, Display still shows "S"
> instead of "PWR"
> - after the TX-delay the sidetone comes up and the display shows "PWR",
> HF is transmitted.

TX-delay?  You mean CW PTT ON delay as shown in the attachment?  What is the
value?

I don't think this applies here, but some laptops (especially IBM / Lenovo
ThinkPad) use a different printer port address than most desktops.  See this
link <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Printer_Ports> for
instructions how to determine the address being used by your printer port,
and how to tell Win-Test to use it.