[WT-support] Parallel-Port question WT & TS 850

Lorenz Grassl lenz at lenz-grassl.de
Mon Nov 10 01:17:14 CET 2008

Hello group from Landshut!

I´m searching for any solution for this problem:

I run two computers - one desktop-computer quite old and the one laptop,
quite new (2 years old)
Both run on XP home (SP3) with real parallel-ports and port95nt installed.

My radio, a TS850, is hooked up with a serial adaptor to control the
radio and a parallel adaptor (LCU-KEY) to key PTT and CW.

So far. Now the problem when I hit any macro like F2 (5nn):

When using the old desktop-machine:
- everything works fine. VOX is turned either to "manual" or "VOX" and
the keying works perfect.

When using the laptop:
- with the VOX-switch set to "manual" WT keys the PTT (ON AIR is lit)
but no HF is transmitted. The display still shows "S" instead of "PWR"
while I can hear the sidetone from the TS850.

- with the VOX-switch set to "VOX" PTT is keyed, Display still shows "S"
instead of "PWR"
- after the TX-delay the sidetone comes up and the display shows "PWR",
HF is transmitted.

Obviously there is some difference between both printer ports but WHICH...?
I can´t explain the difference myself. Maybe anybody can?

I checked the parallel-port modes in windows, both are in ECP-Mode.

Thanks for any help!

Lenz,
DL8RDL