[WT-support] SO2R and parallel port

Franta Bendl dj0zy at i--i.de
Sat Nov 8 13:48:39 CET 2008

Hi Larry,

for SO2R I'm using home made controller controlled by parallel port.
I'm using the pin 14 of the parallel port (Active Radio) to  switch the
PTT or CW signal between R1 and R2 and it works also OK.

My trouble is to use the paddle (manual send). I can't use the pin 14 to
lead automaticaly the paddle output to the active radio. The pin 14
(Active Radio Signal) doesn't change the status as expected with the
switching between the radios (hit to "Caps Lock" in my case) but first
with next send (Fn, Ins.+ etc) and also only for the time of
the send (i.a. logically "Active Radio && PTT"). So I must for every use
of paddles with R2 manual switch to the right radio. It is not only
uncomfortably but also prone to error.

Is there a possibility to change the program so that the status of the
pin 14  corresponds with just selected radio? Or is there an other not
documented Signal (pin) showing the information about the just active
radio? Or would be any other solution like new signal/pin for the R1/R2
information possible?

73 de Franta/DJ0ZY