[WT-support] Numbering Problem

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 4 11:34:24 CET 2008

Hi Bob et al.

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

>     A feature ;-) Some contest organizers mostly solved this kind
>     of issues by allowing one numbering per band.
>

> This is not done in ARRL Sweepstakes or WPX for Multi/Single classes, in
> part to discourage "The Octopus
> <http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/cq-contest/2005-September/063507.html>".
> You should still be able to operate multi-single with paper logging if
> you want to. :-)

Actually, the WPX rules changed one or two years ago (can't remember
exactly), and a numbering per band is *now* used for the M/S (and all
multi) categories :

http://www.cqwpx.com/rules.htm

See IV 2/ (a), (b) and (c).

The CQ WPX committee modified this to prevent (at best) duplicate serial
sent, especially when they introduced the 10 min. rules to work mults on
a separate band.

> You mean, by editing the Cabrillo file?  I don't see any way to edit
> "number sent" in Win-Test for the ARRL Sweepstakes or WPX.

You hit a bug ;-)  In the WPX, you currently *can* edit the serial sent
by using Edit / Edit serial number, but it has been forgotten for the
SS. Just fixed and the next nightly build will include this fix. As this
operation is pretty unusual, and to prevent unwanted modifications, we
dedicated a separate menu item for it, rather than allowing it in the
usual QSO edition functions.