[WT-support] Numbering Problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 4 03:26:14 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr> wrote:

> K5RC a écrit :
>
> We had to catch stations and give them a corrected number after the fact.
> Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> A feature ;-) Some contest organizers mostly solved this kind
> of issues by allowing one numbering per band.

This is not done in ARRL Sweepstakes or WPX for Multi/Single classes, in
part to discourage "The
Octopus<http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/cq-contest/2005-September/063507.html>".
You should still be able to operate multi-single with paper logging if you
want to. :-)

> Finally, note you can manually modify the serial you sent once entered, if
> needed.

You mean, by editing the Cabrillo file?  I don't see any way to edit "number
sent" in Win-Test for the ARRL Sweepstakes or WPX.  Perhaps "QSO Number
sent" should be added to the [Alt-F] pop-up QSO editing menu where you can
already change other attributes of a QSO record (date, time, operator,
frequency, etc.).  Please do *not* allow [Tab] or [Spacebar] to move the
cursor over to the number sent field!

Note:  ARRL (and CQ?) will accept Cabrillo files with duplicates in the
"Sent QSO Number" column.  So during the contest, just use [Alt-N] to make a
quick note of stations that were sent a duplicate QSO number, different than
logged, then after the contest you can easily edit the Cabrillo file to
enter the actual QSO number that was sent.  Perhaps Win-Test should always
log the value of $SERIAL at the time of the QSO, even if it's a duplicate?

Speaking of [Tab] and [Shift-Tab], you may have noticed that they don't move
the cursor as expected.  Instead, use the ">" and "<" keys in this contest
to move betwen fields.  I wish I had remembered that.

Those interested may want to review Bug Report
#216<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=216&do=details>and
#148 <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=148&do=details>.