[WT-support] WPX CW 2008 reflections

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Tue May 27 22:40:28 CEST 2008

packet spots:  overtype the call and turn the knob -- band map updated with correct call. :-)

	4. Shortcuts for AUTOCQ and AUTOSEND ON/OFF. Especially AUTOSEND is so hard to get into in the menu. I recommend CTRL+C and CTRL+V again! And AUTOCQ for other messages then F1 would be very useful also!

As documented in the Wiki, the text commands CWAUTO, NOCWAUTO/CWAUTOOFF, CWAUTO3, and CWAUTO4 control the "Auto Send" feature, and the REPEAT/NOREPEAT (or RPT/NORPT) commands control the "Automatic Repeating CQ" feature.  So, no need to use the menu at all.  Or are you saying it is also too hard to type these commands, and that you want keyboard shortcuts to do all of these as well?  There are very few unused shortcut keys left.

Are you saying that you want a new text command like "SETREPEAT" that brings up this dialog <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Tools#Automatic_CQ_repeat>  so that you can also adjust the repeat delay?  Do you change this value often during a contest?

***

No, I am OK to adjust this delay in the menu. The crucial item is to be able to switch AUTOSEND on and off quickly wihtout need to go to menu or write text commands. Anyway, I think it is of very little use to have a text command as long as SETREPEAT or sth.

***

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V keys may already be used in the dialog boxes (like Standard CW messages) to do the "Windows Cut/Paste" function, so making them do something else could cause confusion.

	1. Would be good to have option to duplicate RUN messages to S&P messages.

Yes, but if you accidentally press the "duplicate" button, you could wipe out a bunch of customized S&P messages, which could be a problem.  So you would also need an "undo" button?  Maybe an option to "ignore S&P messages" would be better, then you could just use them in some contests and ignore them in others.

***

Great idea! Ignore S&P messages is a great button to have! It is better solution than my proposal indeed. Larry, did you catch that?:)

***

	2. And again of course: I hope I will live to see the day when I can have my personal default CW messages and do not need to change all the messages painfully manually in every single computer before every single contest.

Maybe  there could be a new command to "synchronize all CW messages" over the network using the Remote Commands dialog box <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Commands#Remote_commands...> .  Then you would only have to manually program one computer per contest.

***

Wow, another fabulous idea!! Actually it would be truelly fantastic to be able to sychronize some other items/setting over the network like windows placement, redefined keys, etc... Is this doable, Larry? CW messages are really the most important ones as this is something that takes a huge time before every single contest!

73

tonno

es5tv