[WT-support] Winkey v22 chip

ALEKSANDER SPINDLER BIGA at SIOL.NET
Thu May 22 21:40:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

if you "upgrade" to Wintest ver. 3.15.0, you will find that all work just fine ( with EZMaster V1.40 in my case). All later versions of Wintest have problems with speed.

73!

Sandi S52OP
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Wilson, N6TV
  To: support at win-test.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [WT-support] Winkey v22 chip

  2008/5/22 John Warburton G4IRN <qrz at dxdx.co.uk>:

    Can anyone tell me if the new K1EL Winkey chip addresses the CW speed problems that have been reported here before?

    I refer specifically to the following previous postings where erratic speed has been an issue:

    http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-November/075053.html - G3BJ (G5W)
    http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-November/075052.html - G3NKC
    http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-November/075070.html - G4IRN (3X5A)
    http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-November/075088.html - F5MZN (TM2Y)

    Thanks

    John G4IRN

  I am testing with the Rev. 22 chip and it does not seem to fix these issues.  The only thing it does is block speed changes in the middle of a letter.

  However the good news is that Laurent has been looking into and may have fixed most of the problems.  Stay tuned for some news.

  The steps to produce speed variation problems involve pressing a message key very quickly, right after sending with the paddle, or interrupting a message with a single click of the paddle, then turn the speed pot, then send another message and then send with the paddle.

  If Win-Test seems to "lock up" (message keys won't send any CW), press [Escape] then it should work again.  To avoid the "lock up", remember to wait for a full word space after sending with the paddles.  Then press the message key.

  In WT 3.20, if you turn the speed pot then interrupt a message with the paddles, the new pot speed won't take effect until AFTER you send another message.  This happens when using "Independent" speed.  So the speed seems to "jump" at unexpected times.  So use the "Escape" key instead of paddle interrupt to avoid this issue.