[WT-support] CW Speed variations - K1EL V22 Chip now available

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue May 20 20:48:18 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:00 AM, Denny Sahovic, KX7M <radio at kx7m.net> wrote:

> I use the K1EL WinKeyer only, WinKey configuration is basic, and it is
> overridden when WinTest is started. I wish the WK configuration under
> Options had more than just basic settings.

It would be nice if Win-Test supported a $WINKEY macro similar to the $MK2R
macro that sends any MicroHAM command to the MK2R/MK2R+.  Then you could
manually send any WinKey command to the WinKey, whether you have router
software or not.  One of the WinKey commands adjusts the length of the PTT
"tail."

In the mean time, it might be possible to put some WinKey command bytes into
a file and manually send them to the WinKey COM port from a command window
with the COPY command:

COPY WinKeyCmds.txt COMx: /b

Then start Win-Test.

Speaking of the $MK2R macro, I can't figure out how you are supposed to
"program" it.  In Options, CW, Standard Messages? Additional Messages?
Options, MK2R Configuration?  Nope, can't find it.

By the way, there is still a serious "hang" problem with the WinKey and
Win-Test, even using a Rev. 22 chip and WT 3.20.  If you get into a state
where the function keys won't send any CW at all (which happens if you press
a function key "too soon" after sending with the paddle), you must press
[Escape] before Win-Test will send any CW messages again.

See Bug Report #162<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=162&do=details>,
which was opened by DL6RAI over six months ago.  I just added some
additional data yesterday.  I am pretty sure it is a Win-Test problem,
because Writelog doesn't have it.  I would really like to see this bug moved
from Medium to High priority.

The speed variation problems may be related to this.