[WT-support] Vista 64 bit OS & CW keying on com port

Stephen J. Schrack n3mx at ptd.net
Fri Mar 14 14:48:06 CET 2008

Is anyone using Win-Test successfully on Windows Vista 64bit?  I have
installed Win-Test the trial version and is seems to be working with Radio
Control for both IC-756 PRO 3 and IC-7000 but I cannot get COM port CW
keying to work.  N1MM works fine as well as LOGic version8.  I use
Rigblasters on COM 3 & 4 for both CW & PTT.  It is setup in standard fashion
with CW on DTR and PTT on RTS.  Since both of these programs work fine how
is Win-Test different?  Both rigs key PTT fine and both rigs switch to
transmit fine when attempting CW but the CW does not seem to work.  Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

73 Steve N3MX