[WT-support] LPT PIN 14

ANDY COOK g4piq at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 12 22:47:46 CET 2008

I'm trying to move from TR to WinTest for the Russian DX contest this weekend and am busy trying to get my home-made SO2R box straight. I've just discovered that with Win-Test, Pin 14 of the LPT port (Active Radio signal) only goes low to direct PTT, CW and Mic to the second radio when Win-Test goes to transmit (i.e. you send a DVP message or canned CW message). This gives me a problem on SSB where if I try to go to transmit using a footswitch, the Mic and PTT gets sent to the wrong radio since Win-Test isn't aware that I'm in Tx and trying to talk to radio #2.

  I'd have thought it was more sensible to just drive Pin 14 off the active window status on the desktop just as TR does.

  Is anyone aware of a workaround to this (other than buying an EZMaster...!) ? I may well have missed a feature somewhere.

  73,

  Andy, G4PIQ