[WT-support] Even more on WinTest and DX Cluster

Andrew O'Brien andrewobrie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 01:57:14 CET 2008

I am having difficulty getting people to understand....I ONLY use
WINTEST on ONE computer, I do NOT use a network.  The second PC I
refer to was just a test to see if I could get Wintest to work on it.
I only intend to use Wintest on a single PC, the one in my shack.
Thus, I do not need to NETWORK Wintest.

Andy.

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Noel Chenavard <nc at lem.com> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
>  1) Please can you confirm your configuration: Here is my understanding:
>  WT run on both computers Home & Ham, but wtdxtelnet run only on the Ham
>  computer.
>  Both are connected on the same ethernet network,  and both get access
>  Internet via one common router.
>  And you want to share the cluster spots on both systems.
>
>  2)can you try 192.168.1.255 as Broadcast address on both computers ,
>  in WinTest AND wtDXtelnet ?
>
>  3) Please check :
>  In WT configuration screen the Network > Station name MUST be different.
>
>  4) Again, if you want better support, please provide both IP addresses
>  on your computers, so we are sure about your configuration and broadcast
>  address:
>  Open a "DOS" window with Start > Run > CMD
>  you must obtain a command prompt  i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\user>
>
>  than type IPCONFIG /ALL  on both computers, copy paste the result and
>  send it a text .
>    ipconfig  (space) (slash) all
>
>  5) and... don't play with versions , uninstall, reinstall wt etc... it
>  seems you only have a configuration problem.
>
>  73 - noel f6bgc

Andy K3UK
www.obriensweb.com
(QSL via N2RJ)