[WT-support] CAT settings of FT-1000MP MarkV (field) in Win-Test

Juha Rantanen oh6xx at sral.fi
Tue Jun 10 19:37:07 CEST 2008

Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
> So this seems to be WT bug, because also microHAM router was working
>> same way like Andy told. Everything else is working OK also with COM's
>> 8 to 12 (or so), but CAT is broken.
>

> I doubt it is a Win-Test bug; WT thinks doesn't know it is talking to a
> virtual serial port.  I bet it is a configuration issue.  Using COM3 worked
> because you eliminated any conflict between virtual COM3 and real COM3 (or
> you properly set CTS=Off when you moved the radio from COM8 to COM3).

I saw this same issue during CQWW CW at OH5Z and I'm certain that the
configuration was ok then. I had also some high COM port in use. Too bad
I didn't realize I could have worked around the problem by lowering the
COM port number. At the time the Microham router talked with the
FT1000MP ok but Win-test didn't.

Juha OH6XX