[WT-support] CAT settings of FT-1000MP MarkV (field) in Win-Test

Toni Lindén oh2ua at oh2u.com
Tue Jun 10 12:13:44 CEST 2008

Hi guys!

That's something what we noticed also during WPX CW (but unfortunately
forgot to report it).

At OG8X we used MK2R+ and FT1000MP MarkV and we noticed that if CAT
was assigned to COM-port with large number (ie 8 or so), we could not
get CAT-work at Win-Test. MicroHAM router was showing the frequency
OK, but WT did not work with CAT. It was same in RX and TX, WT did not
get QRG from radio or if frequency was type to callsing field, radio
did not respond.

We were using computer with many real COM port and we had to go to the
Windows system manager and disable one of those real COM ports and
create virtual port assigned to small number (I guess we used COM3)
and radio control began to work.

So this seems to be WT bug, because also microHAM router was working
same way like Andy told. Everything else is working OK also with COM's
8 to 12 (or so), but CAT is broken.

So Andy, for first aid you may give a try to get CAT working with COM 2 or 3...

73 de Toni, OH2UA